Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Service alert Open

All Middlesex County buildings will remain closed to the general public until further notice due to COVID-19. Only select County services are available on an appointment basis.
September 23, 2021 County Commissioner Meeting Notice: Due to the severe weather warning the meeting will now take place virtually; click here for more details.


Answers to frequently asked questions from vendors.


1) Where can I get bid/proposal result?
                All bid/proposal results can be found on the County’s Purchasing Portal here.
2) How do I obtain a New Jersey Business Registration Certificate?
                Information on NJ Business Registration Certificates can be found  here.
3) Where can I find information on New Jersey’s Affirmative Action requirements?
                Information on Affirmative Action can be found here.
4) If I am a low bidder, will I receive a contract document?
                Middlesex County vendor contracts consist of the bid/proposal specification, the successful bid/proposal submittal and the resolution of the Board of Chosen Freeholders. We do not use separate contract documents.
5) Do bids/proposals require security?
                If a bid or proposal requires bid security, it will be described on page one of the document – Notice to Bidders
6) Where can I get information on construction projects?
                Construction is administered by the Office of the County Engineer.  That phone number is 732-745-3283. 
7) What do I do if I lost a check? 
                If you are a vendor and you have lost a check issued by Middlesex County or need a check reissued for any other reason, you must contact us in writing with the following information:   The name of the department that processed the paperwork, check number, and the date paid.  If you are unsure or missing any of this information, please include as much information regarding the payment as possible.  Remember: The request to reissue a payment must be in writing.  The bank requires a mandatory 24 hour wait period after stop payment before reissuing any check.  Following the 24 hour wait period, the reissue process may take up to 5 business days.

8) What do I do if I need to change a vendor name or address? 
                If a vendor name or address changes please contact the Accounts Payable Division of the Finance Department for a Vendor File Update.  Most stop payments on checks are processed because of incorrect addresses.  Please verify the remittance address prior to submitting any paperwork to Purchasing or Accounts Payable.
For more information on becoming a vendor or bids, RFP's, or quotations, contact Purchasing at (732) 745-3279
For more information on payments, contact Accounts Payable at (732) 745-4103.





Back to top