The mission of the Middlesex County Office of Health Services Health Education Division is to promote healthy behaviors and lifestyle choices through the instruction of disease prevention, early detection, and early treatment.
Health Education Division
The Division is dedicated to providing health education services to Middlesex County residents through a variety of methods, including printed materials, mass media, health display boards, health fairs, skills-based workshops, and presentations to groups and individuals, as well as professional trainings.
The Health Education staff members have a wide variety of skills, community experiences, and expertise on public health issues. Health Educators plan, implement, and evaluate Health Promotion programs. These programs enable people to make knowledgeable decisions about their health, so they may achieve their optimum health status and quality of living. Health Educators advocate for health by serving on committees, panels, coalitions, and task forces.
The Health Education Division also serves as a resource for others in the delivery of health education information and programming. Programs are developed to meet the needs identified through the Middlesex County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).
Health Education programs are:
• Designed to meet the needs of different age groups.
• Adaptable to specific needs of your group, school or community.
• Interactive, some are in game formats, audience participation is encouraged, may include demonstrations.
• All programs are free of
• May include community events, distributing information, and educational materials.
• Are available to the public and organizations/agencies/schools in the contracting communities.
Available health education topics:
• Access To Health Care
• Cancer Education
• Chronic Disease
• Emergency Preparedness
• Health Literacy
• Physical Activity
• Substance Abuse
• Stress Management
For more information about our programs please call 732-745-3100.