The Middlesex County Office of the Fire Marshal:
Michael Gallagher, Fire Marshal
William Johnson, Deputy Fire Marshal
Joe Szebeny, Assistant Fire Marshal
Scott Volkmann, Assistant Fire Marshal
Michael Marcinczyk, Assistant Fire Marshal
Linda Hopkins, Facilities Coordinator
Mary McCormick, Student Coordinator
Olivia Gonzalez, Fire Prevention Coordinator
Provides coordination with all 25 municipalities during fire related incidents where mutual aid may be needed.
Provides fire coverage for specialized events and other related tasks.
The Middlesex County Fire Marshal is responsible for the enforcement of the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code and other County Fire Safety regulations for the County of Middlesex, as well as the Municipalities of Borough of Dunellen, Borough of Highland Park, Borough of Middlesex, Borough of Milltown,
City of South Amboy and the Borough of South River.
Major activities within the scope of the Fire Marshal’s office include:
• Inspection of Life Hazard use
• Inspection of Non-Life Hazard use (except owner occupied one and two family dwellings)
• Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detector certifications for residential resale.
• Fire Safety Compliance
• Fire Safety Permits
• Fire Investigations to determine origin and cause.
• Fire Safety Education Programs for all schools
• Senior Citizen Fire Safety Programs
Fire Academy Applications and Resources
Other useful links:
The Office of the Fire Marshal is open Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:15pm
The office will be closed for all County Holidays.