FIRE MARSHAL: Michael Gallagher
DEPUTY FIRE MARSHAL: William Johnson
ASSISTANT FIRE MARSHALS:
Joseph Szebenyi III
Olivia Gonzalez, Fire Prevention Office Coordinator
Linda Hopkins, Facility Coordinator
Mary McCormick, Student Coordinator
The Middlesex County Fire Marshal Responsibilities:
• To enforce the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code and Fire Safety regulations for the County of Middlesex, as well as Highland Park, Middlesex, Milltown, City of South Amboy and the Boroughs of Dunellen and South River.
• Provide coordination with all of Middlesex Counties 25 municipalities during fire related incidents where mutual aid may be needed.
• Provide fire coverage for specialized events and other related tasks.
Major activities within the scope of the Fire Marshal’s office include:
• Inspection of Life Hazard use
• Inspection of Non-Life Hazard use (except owner occupied one and two family dwellings)
• Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detector certifications for residential resale.
• Fire Safety Compliance
• Fire Safety Permits
• Fire Investigations to determine origin and cause.
• Fire Safety Education Programs for all schools
• Senior Citizen Fire Safety Programs
Fire Academy Applications and Resources
Other useful links: