The Middlesex County Center for Empowerment:
Sexual Violence Counseling, Advocacy, and Prevention Education
The Middlesex County Center for Empowerment (The Center) is the state designated sexual violence program for Middlesex County. We strive to support and empower survivors and significant others affected by sexual violence, and to help eliminate all forms of sexual violence through community awareness and education.
If you or someone you care about has been affected by sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, sexual abuse, or any other form of sexual violence, you have options. We can help.
Support is available 24-hours a day by calling our toll-free hotline at 1-877-665-7273.
The Center has been operational for 40 years and provides the following FREE services and programs:
Sexual Violence Prevention Coalition
• Short-term individual counseling (available to victims and significant others ages 13+)
• Support Groups:
• Male Survivor
• Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse and Adult Sexual Assault
To schedule an intake please call us at 1-877-665-7273 or email us
Client Intake Form
• 24 hour in-person support through the legal process available at local police departments, all legal proceedings, and forensic evidence collection.
• Crisis Intervention, information & referral via our 24-hotline
• Assistance connecting to community and statewide resources
To access our 24-hour services please call our hotline at 1-877-665-7273
• Structured multi-session media literacy program that encourages participants to become advocates for change in the community; while equipping them with the skills necessary to recognize and counter harmful media messages, especially those regarding gender and violence.
• Educational seminars, community presentations, and professional trainings on any area relating to sexual violence including: sexual harassment, dating violence, healthy relationships, working with survivors, sexual violence screening for medical professionals, and many more!
To speak to our prevention coordinator about how to bring programming into your school, workplace or community, please call 732-321-1189 x 328 or email us
We are always recruiting individuals over the age of 18 who would like to assist survivors of sexual violence. No experience is necessary to take advantage of this opportunity. We provide a free 50+ hour Confidential Sexual Violence Advocate training that prepares volunteer advocates to answer the 24-hotline and accompany survivors to forensic examinations, the police station, and court. Bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply! Please call us at 732-321-1189 x326 or email us for more information or to schedule an interview.
Sexual Violence Prevention Coalition
The Sexual Violence Prevention Coalition of Middlesex County strives to increase community knowledge and raise awareness around the issue of sexual violence, so it can be stopped before it starts.
As a coalition, we recognize that prevention requires broad community involvement and response. We continuously welcome new individual members and agencies who are interested in working with us toward the elimination of sexual violence. By shifting norms, changing attitudes and increasing community accountability, we can change the culture and prevent sexual violence.
To get involved in the coalition please call us at 1-877-665-7273 or email us
Return to Office of Health Services
Follow these links to view our coalition materials:
Middlesex County Center for Empowerment
29 Oakwood Avenue, Edison, NJ-08837
Hotline (24hrs/7 days; toll free)...1-877-665-7273
Main Phone: 732-321-1189
TTY: 732-549-0669Email the Center
• Domestic Violence:Women Aware
(serving South Asian Women) 732-435-1414