The CEED Program is a grant-funded health screening program available to residents of New Jersey who meet State mandated criteria. The program is targeted to those men and women who have no health insurance or whose health insurance does not cover screening, and who meet income guidelines. The screenings include:
• Breast cancer
• Cervical cancer
• Prostate cancer
• Colorectal cancer
Education is provided, both by outreach and during clinic visits, regarding the importance of screening, reducing risk factors, and instruction on various self-examinations. Case management is provided for those individuals whose screenings reveal the need for additional services. The services provided by the Middlesex County CEED program include:
Services for women:
• Case Management
• Facilitation into Treatment
• Breast Cancer - Women 40 years and older, unless there is a family history (includes a clinical breast exam by a physician)
• Cervical Cancer - Women 21 years and older (including a Pap test and pelvic exam)
• Colorectal Cancer - Women 45 years and older, unless there is a family history
Services for men:
• Prostate Cancer - Men 45 years and older, unless there is a family history or high risk (includes a blood test and digital rectal exam)
• Colorectal Cancer - Men 45 years and older, unless there is a family history
*The Middlesex County CEED Program follows the American Cancer Society's cancer screening guidelines.
Persons eligible for these services must be at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level and be uninsured or under-insured.
For more information call 732-745-3100.