Our Adult Partial Care Program provides services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, who need more intensive, longer term psychiatric treatment than the outpatient unit setting may provide. The program is available five days per week, consisting of group treatment in a milieu setting. We practice a “Wellness and Recovery” model of treatment.
Our goal is to empower the participants to achieve and maintain an optimal level of functioning to enhance their quality of life and to work towards community integration. Our approach is member driven and strength-focused, as we provide support, encouragement, hope and respect.
Our treatment goals include:
• Stabilize acute psychiatric symptoms
• Return to and maintain optimum level of functioning
• Reduce the need for inpatient hospitalization
• Work toward community integration
Our program offers:
• Assessment and evaluation
• Medication monitoring/education
• Pre-vocational goal-oriented skill building opportunities (i.e.: communication, decision-making, ADL’s, coping skills, symptom management, team work, retail skills practiced in vivo, food service skills, and computer/clerical skills
• Individual/group therapy
• Dual-diagnosed services
• Case management
• Therapeutic/psycho-educational/social/recreational groups
The Adult Partial Care program is staffed by a team of professionals who have backgrounds in mental health counseling, addictions, nursing and psychiatry. Each member and their treatment team devises an Individualized Recovery Plan.
George J. Otlowski, Sr. Center for Mental Health Care
Partial Care Program
570 Lee Street
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
Return to Home Page