COMMITTEES OF THE COUNCIL FOR CHILDREN’S SERVICES
The following committees operate under the auspices of the Middlesex County Council for Children's Services:
• Bylaws, Standards, & Membership: Prepares revisions of bylaws and advises the Council on compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and standards. The committee recommends individuals for membership to the Council and monitors attendance. Meetings are scheduled as needed.
• Executive: Outlines issues and develops agendas for discussion at Council meetings. Conducts emergency meetings on business requiring action between Council meetings. The committee reviews appeals emanating from the Council and appoints membership on other standing committees. Meetings are held every 3rd Thursday of the month.
• Minorities Issues: Identifies the current needs and trends concerning minority youth and families in Middlesex County. The committee provides advocacy for youth, the family and the community. The committee identifies and supports appropriate services, and sensitizes the Council and its committees, families, communities and programs to gender specific issues, cultural, racial and ethnic differences. Meetings are held every 2nd Tuesday bi-monthly.
• Planning: Develops needs assessments to identify service gaps. The committee also develops a plan of action that determines the types of services that should be enhanced in order to meet identified needs. The committee assists in the preparation of all required plans. Meetings are held the 1st Tuesday bi monthly.
• Program Review: Develops and implements the request for funding proposal (RFP) process in conjunction with the County Department of Purchasing. Reviews all applications for funding and submits recommendations to the Council. Monitors all funded programs and develops and implements a process to ensure contract compliance. Meetings are held the 1st Thursday of the month.
• Prevention: Facilitates education and training, and offers resource information to schools and the community. The committee supports and encourages collaboration among agencies to provide delinquency prevention services to children and families at risk. The committee identifies needs, promotes research and pursues local funding opportunities. Meetings are held the 4th Monday bi-monthly.
• County Interagency Coordinating Council for Children (CIACC): Oversees existing programs and supports the planning of services for children with behavioral healthcare needs, juveniles involved with the court system, and delinquency prevention programs. The committee also enhances coordination with the state (Division of Child Behavioral Health Services) system partners and local community providers while encouraging consumer, family, caregiver, and youth participation. Meetings are held the 3rd Monday bi-monthly.
Click here to download the Youth Support Services Directory.
For more information on standing committees and membership, please contact Wanda Dillon
at 732- 246-5640.
Return to Home Page