The Middlesex County Office of Aging & Disabled Services, in collaboration with The Middlesex County Arts Institute, would like to welcome artists, age 60 and over, who currently reside in Middlesex County, to participate in this year’s Virtual Senior Citizen Art Contest. Registration for the contest will be open thru July 20th. Artists may submit an online registration form or mail in our physical registration form. (Artists only need to submit one type of form.)
After submitting your registration form - Please send a photo of your artwork to email@example.com by July 20th.
*Please include your First and Last Name and Title of your Artwork in your email*
July 20th - Registration Ends
July 27th - Artwork to be posted online (anonymously)
August 5th - Winners to be annouced and posted online
August 5th-31st - Artwork will be on display online
- Must be 60 years of age or over,and currently residing in Middlesex County.
- Entries must have been completed within the last three years and may not have been previously entered in prior County Senior Citizen Art Shows or in the New Jersey Senior Citizens Art Show. Please note: only ONE entry per artist may be entered.
- Artwork that wins First Place at this year’s County Senior Citizen Art Show will be automatically eligible to advance to the New Jersey Senior Citizen Art Show.
- Craft – one-of-a-kind original creations only, no craft kits or molds
- Digital (Computer) Art – artwork created using computer graphics software (does not include digital photographs)
- Mixed Media – art that combines two or more media (often non-traditional), and no one of the media clearly predominates; includes collage and assemblage
- Pastel – includes chalk (soft) and oil pastel
- Print – all print forms including –but not limited to –etching, linoleum block, lithograph, woodcut, monoprint, silkscreen, collagraph
- Photography – includes color, black & white or tinted photographs taken with a film-based or digital camera
- Sculpture – work designed in 3-dimensions, carved or constructed in any medium, abstract or figurative
- Watercolor Painting – includes gouache (note: traditional watercolor often includes light pencil work and/or ink. They are still considered “Watercolor” –NOT “mixed media”)
- Works on Paper - includes hand-drawn works in mediums including: charcoal, pencil, colored pencil, graphite, ink, pen, crayon, or stylus of any sort
ARTIST CLASSIFICATION - Professional or Non-Professional?
Professional: Any artist who meets 2 or more of these qualifications:
a) sells or has sold artwork through commercial channels (including galleries, on-line galleries, craft shows, art shows, etc.);
b) has been exhibiting their work for 2 or more yearsin professional galleries and/or in professional art exhibits;**
c) has had work selected in 2 or more Juried art or craft shows;**
d) has received 2 or more awards for their artwork;**
e) holds (or has held) professional membership in an artist or craftsperson’sguild or association.
Non-Professional: An artist who does not meet 2 or more of the above criteria**
EXCEPTION: Artists who only enter their County Senior Art Show and NEVER exhibit their work in any other show or venue do not have to identify themselves as a Professional Artist unless they have won First Place in their category 3 or more times–in that case, they should identify themselves as “Professional.”
For more information, please contact the Office of Aging and Disabled Services at 732-745-4013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org