Types of Services:
Demand Response/Reservation – MCAT provides transportation, for a $3.00 per trip (one way) fee, to seniors 60+ and disabled residents of Middlesex County. The general purpose of the program is to make intermittent transportation available and accessible so that residents may obtain the necessities of life, with priority given to non-emergency medical services. Registration and reservations are required. Click here to download the Ride Guide.
Community Shuttle – The MCAT shuttle program is a modified fixed route service which operates on a fixed schedule without a reservation. The six routes offer a 30 to 60 minute frequency of service, Monday thru Saturday, are wheelchair accessible and offer connections to NJ Transit bus and rail services. There is a suggested fare of $1.00 for the general public and $.50 for persons over 60 and persons with a disability of any age.
• M1 New Brunswick- Jamesburg-Exit 8A - The Exit 8A route provides peak period service between New Brunswick and the employment centers located at Exit 8A of the New Jersey Turnpike and offers connections between New Brunswick and Jamesburg during off-peak hours. Click here to download the timetable.
• M2 The Brunswick Square Mall- Monroe-Jamesburg
- The Brunswick Square Mall route serves a number of adult communities and senior citizen centers as well as connecting Jamesburg, Helmetta and Spotswood Boroughs with destinations in East Brunswick including the Brunswick Square Mall. Click here to download the timetable.
• M3 The Brunswick Square Mall-Old Bridge
- The route serves major stops at key locations including destinations at shopping centers, medical offices and the Raritan Bay Medical Center (Old Bridge) Passengers using this route and the Brunswick Square Mall-Jamesburg Community Shuttle route can also connect to NJ Transit local bus service at Brunswick Square Mall and the Old Bridge Municipal Complex. Click here to download the timetable.
• M5 Jersey Avenue/Brunswick-Commercial Avenue Shuttle
-The service operates between Route 1/ Jersey Ave and the Gerber Apartments (formerly Pincus) in North Brunswick. Click here to download the timetable.
• M6 Cranbury/Plainsboro/Community Shuttle
- The Shuttle provides service between Jamesburg and Princeton Junction Rail Station in West Windsor Township, serving portions of Monroe, Cranbury and Plainsboro Townships. It serves the Princeton University Medical Center at Plainsboro medical complex. Click here to download the timetable.
• M7 Brunswick Square Mall/South Amboy
- The service operates primarily along Bordentown Avenue and will provide connections to key transit hubs including the Route 9 Ernston Road NJ Transit commuter bus services, the Cheesequake Service Area Academy Bus service on the Garden State Parkway and the South Amboy Rail Station on the North Jersey Coast Line. Click here to download the timetable.Click here for 2017 Holiday Schedule
Middlesex County has adopted a plan for coordinating human service transportation in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. department of Transportation/Federal Transit Administration (FTA). The plan is a blueprint for the coordination of existing services and the possible development of new services to meet emerging passenger transportation needs in the county.Click here to download FTA plan.