Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Service alert Open

All Middlesex County buildings will remain closed to the general public until further notice due to COVID-19. Only select County services are available on an appointment basis.
September 23, 2021 County Commissioner Meeting Notice: Due to the severe weather warning the meeting will now take place virtually; click here for more details.


How do I find out what services are available in Middlesex County and if I qualify for any of these services?
Contact the Middlesex County Office of Aging & Disabled Services at 732-745-3295 and ask to speak with someone in Information & Assistance. Our Information & Assistance staff is available Monday thru Friday, from 8:30am – 4:15pm. Our staff will complete a brief intake to determine what programs you may be eligible for and they will answer any questions you may have.

How do I apply for the Meals-on-Wheels program?
The Senior Meal Program provides home delivered meals to isolated, homebound seniors who have no formal or informal caregiver and are unable to attend a congregate meal program. An initial intake form is completed and processed to screen eligible residents for the program. The Senior Meal Program operates Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 2:30pm. For further information residents may contact the main office at 732-745-3295 or click here to view the Nutrition Services page.
How do I find someone to assist me with questions about Medicare?
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides one-on-one counseling to Medicare beneficiaries. Certified Counselors assist with questions related to Medicare, explanation of Medicare benefits, supplemental insurances, claims / billing issues, and appeals. Counselors also provide assistance with prescription drug programs including: assist with choosing Part D plans, screening for other Rx programs and completing applications. To find a SHIP Counselor in your area, contact the main office at 732-745-3295.
Click here to view the SHIP page

How do I obtain general information on resources available in Middlesex County for seniors and the disabled?
Contact our office at 732-745-3295 and request a Resource Directory be mailed to your home. Our Resource Directory can also be viewed by clicking here. The directory includes comprehensive lists of various agencies in Middlesex County, there is a multitude of information ranging from housing options, adult day care facilities, support groups & counseling agencies, as well as many other social service, state and federal organizations.
Return to Home Page
Back to top