Executive Order 193. A limited number of in-person polling locations will be available for voters requiring special assistance or for the casting of provisional ballots. Despite COVID-19, every voter will have the right to participate in a free, safe, and fair election on December 15, 2020.
Ways To Vote
Vote By Mail
- Ballots will begin being mailed on the week of November 23, 2020
- All ballots will be in the mail by November 25, 2020
- If you do not receive your ballot by Tuesday, December 2, 2020 you may request a replacement from the County Clerk’s Office by calling 732-745-4202 or by sending a replacement ballot request form.
- Beginning Monday, December 7, 2020 the County Clerk - Division of Elections Office located in the County Administration Building in New Brunswick will have extended hours Monday to Saturday from 11am to 7pm.
How to Vote By Mail
How to Return Your Vote By Mail Ballot
When you are ready to Vote By Mail Ballot you have options:
- Return your ballot through the United State Postal Service (must be postmarked by Tuesday, December 15, 2020)
- Submit your ballot in one of the Middlesex County Board of Elections’ drop boxes in Perth Amboy before 8pm on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 (locations below)
- Drop it off directly to the Board of Elections’ Office in East Brunswick before 8pm on Tuesday, December 15, 2020
- Submit your completed and sealed ballot at your assigned polling location in-person on Election Day, December 15, 2020 (link to locations in Perth Amboy below)
- Bearers will be prohibited from submitting another individuals ballot at polling locations
Click the following link for an interactive map of all the current polling places and drop box locations throughout the County: Middlesex County Drop Box and Polling Place Locator App. You can search for your address or click a point on the map to see the closest polling place or drop box to that given location. The GIS Map allows voters to search by their address for the nearest secure drop box or polling location.
After submitting your
ballot you can sign up to Track Your Ballot online. The status of
your ballot will be reflected in your account.
to historically high volume, ballots deposited in Secure Ballot Drop Box
locations may take up to one week to show up as "Received" and Ballots sent via
US Mail may take up to two weeks to show up as "Received" in the
Track My Ballot tool.
status information (i.e. – received, etc.) is provided by the counties via an
automated process. The amount of time it takes until updates post to the Track
My Ballot tool may vary from county to county. Please check back periodically
for updates to your ballot status.
Secure Ballot Drop Box Locations
Murphy’s Executive Order 193 states that if the municipality holding a
runoff election has ballot drop box(es), the ballot drop box(es) shall be
opened for use in the run-off election. Drop Boxes are maintained by The Middlesex County Board of Elections. Drop box locations are listed below the example image of what the Middlesex County drop boxes look like. Drop Boxes are secure and monitored by video surveillance. Ballots are collected from drop boxes on a daily basis, 7 days a week.
|Perth Amboy Public Safety Complex
361 New Brunswick Ave, Perth Amboy
|Drop box located between Municipal Court and Police Station; closer to police station entrance.
Perth Amboy City Hall
260 High St, Perth Amboy
|Drop box located on west side of the building, directly in front of the window.
Board of Elections Office
1 Kennedy Blvd, East Brunswick NJ
|Drop Box located in front of the entrance, under the tree.
How to Vote in Person
Go To The Polls
If you do not receive a Vote By Mail ballot or wish to vote in-person, you can vote by paper provisional ballot only at your assigned polling place. Paper provisional ballots are the same as the ballot you received in the mail. A limited number of machines will be available only for voters with a disability. Accommodations will be made for voters with a disability at their polling location. If you are a disabled voter and need access to an ADA accessible ballot marking device to vote on December 15th, please call the Middlesex County Board of Elections at 732-745-3471.
Click here for all polling locations in Middlesex County or type in your address for the nearest polling location
Register to Vote
The registration deadline to
vote in Middlesex County for the Perth Amboy Runoff Election is November 24th,
2020. The registration period is now closed. Not sure if you’re
Am I Registered to Vote? Check Here! Online Voter RegisterTrack My Ballot
Middlesex County Board of Elections
(Voter Registration, Receiving Mail-in Ballots, Processing and Counting Mail-in & Provisional Ballots)
11 Kennedy Boulevard
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Phone Number: (732) 745-3471
Fax: (732) 296-6560
Middlesex County Clerk – Division of
(Vote by Mail Registration, Designing and Preparing Ballots, Certifying Election Results)
75 Bayard Street, 4th
New Brunswick, NJ 08903-1110
PO Box 1110
Phone Number: (732) 745-4202
Fax: (732) 745–3642