Executive Order 177. A limited number of in-person polling locations will be available for voters requiring special assistance or for the casting of provisional ballots. Despite COVID-19, every voter will have the right to participate in a free, safe, and fair election on November 3, 2020.
Register to Vote
To participate in the general election, you must be registered to vote in Middlesex County by Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be 18 years of age by Election Day, but can register at 17
- Must be a New Jersey resident and of your county at least 30 days prior to the
- Cannot be declared mentally incompetent by a court
- Cannot be incarcerated
Ways To Register
If you are not registered to vote in Middlesex County, there are several ways to do so.
Not sure if you’re registered? Find out!
Need more info on voter registration? Visit New Jersey Votes- 2020 NJ Voter Information Portal
Voter Registration Applications are available in additional languages at the bottom of this page
Ways To Vote
Vote By Mail
- Ballots will begin being mailed on the week of September 21st
- All ballots will be in the mail by October 5th
- If you do not receive your ballot by October 7th you may request a replacement from the County Clerk’s Office by calling 732-745-4202 or by sending a replacement ballot request form.
When you are ready to Vote By Mail Ballot you have options:
- Return your ballot through the United State Postal Service (must be postmarked by November 3, 2020)
- Submit your ballot in one of the Middlesex County Board of Elections’ drop boxes before 8pm on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 (locations below)
- Drop it off directly to the Board of Elections’ Office in East Brunswick before 8pm on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
- Submit your completed and sealed ballot at your assigned polling location in-person on Election Day,
November 3, 2020
- A limited number of machines will be available only for voters with a disability. Accommodations will be made for voters with a disability at their polling location. If you are a disabled voter and need access to an ADA accessible ballot marking device to vote on November 3, please call the Middlesex County Board of Elections at 732-745-3471.
- Bearers will be prohibited from submitting another individuals ballot at polling locations
- Click here for a complete list of Middlesex County Polling locations for the November 3, 2020 General election
If you do not receive a Vote By Mail ballot or wish to vote in-person, you can vote by paper provisional ballot at a polling place that will be determined by the Board of Elections.
Go To The Polls
If you do not receive a Vote By Mail ballot or wish to vote in-person, you can vote by paper provisional ballot only at your assigned polling place. Paper provisional ballots are the same as the ballot you received in the mail. A limited number of machines will be available only for voters with a disability. Accommodations will be made for voters with a disability at their polling location. If you are a disabled voter and need access to an ADA accessible ballot marking device to vote on November 3, please call the Middlesex County Board of Elections at 732-745-3471.
Click here for all polling locations in Middlesex County or type in your address for the nearest polling location
How to Vote
Secure Ballot Drop Box Locations
Murphy’s Executive Order 177 requires each county to have a minimum of 10 drop box locations available to voters. Currently there are 25 drop box locations in Middlesex County, one in each municipality. Drop Boxes are maintained by The Middlesex County Board of Elections. Drop box locations are listed below the example image of what the Middlesex County drop boxes look like. Drop Boxes are secure and monitored by video surveillance.
|Thomas Deverin Community Center
100 Cooke Avenue, Carteret
|Drop Box located inside the vestibule of the building.
Cranbury Police Department
1 Logan Dr, Cranbury
|Drop Box located in front of police station.
Dunellen Public Library
100 New Market Rd, Dunellen
|Drop Box located on sidewalk near entrance to library.
|East Brunswick Municipal Complex
1 Civic Drive, East Brunswick
|Drop box located between parking lot and East Brunswick Municipal Complex by police entrance.
|Edison Municipal Complex
100 Municipal Blvd. Edison
|Drop Box located Municipal Complex entrance outside under awning.
Helmetta Borough Hall
51 Main St, Helmetta
|Drop Box located in front of Borough hall.
Highland Park Borough Hall
221 South Fifth Avenue, Highland Park
|Drop Box in front of Borough hall.
|Jamesburg Municipal Complex
131 Perrineville Road, Jamesburg
|Drop box located within the parking lot, in the Safe Zone
|Metuchen Municipal Complex
500 Main Street, Metuchen
|Drop box located in back of parking Lot - by handicap parking lanes.
Middlesex Borough Hall
1200 Mountain Ave, Middlesex Borough
|Drop Box located in the rear of townhall.
|Milltown Municipal Complex
39 Washington Ave., Milltown
|Drop box located at beginning of side entrance accessible from the parking lot. Slated as Safe Exchange Zone|
Monroe Township Library
4 Municipal Plaza, Monroe Township
|Drop Box located to the right of the entrance to the library.|
County Administration Building
75 Bayard Street, New Brunswick
|Drop box located in front of front entrance.|
North Brunswick Township Hall
710 Hermann Road, North Brunswick
Drop Box located in front of Town Hall.
Old Bridge Township Municipal Complex
1 Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge
|Drop Box located on the sidewalk nearest the curb in front of municipal building.|
Perth Amboy Public Safety Complex
361 New Brunswick Ave, Perth Amboy
|Drop box located between Municipal Court and Police Station; closer to police station entrance.|
Piscataway Municipal Complex
455 Hoes Lane, Piscataway
|Drop box located on walkway between municipal building and police station|
Plainsboro Municipal Complex
641 Plainsboro Road, Plainsboro
|Drop box located in front of stairs to Municipal Building.|
Sayreville Borough Hall
167 Main Street, Sayreville
|Drop box located behind building, on the sidewalk |
(right side when facing the building)
South Amboy Train Station
137 N. Broadway, South Amboy
|Drop Box located on the curb in front of the train station across from Town Hall.|
South Brunswick Municipal Building
540 Ridge Rd, Monmouth Junction
|Drop Box located in front of Municipal building.|
South Plainfield Borough Hall
2480 Plainfield Ave, South Plainfield
|Drop Box located in read of Municipal building.|
South River Administration Building
48 Washington St, South River
|Drop Box located in front of Administration building.|
Spotswood Municipal Building
77 Summerhill Rd, Spotswood
|Drop Box located in front of Town Hall.|
Woodbridge Municipal Building
1 Main St., Woodbridge
|Drop Box is curbside. Adjacent to north side of main entrance stairs to Town Hall.|
Middlesex County Board of Elections
(Voter Registration, Receiving Mail-in Ballots, Processing and Counting Mail-in & Provisional Ballots)
11 Kennedy Boulevard
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Phone Number: (732) 745-3471
Fax: (732) 296-6560
Middlesex County Clerk – Division of
(Vote by Mail Registration, Designing and Preparing Ballots, Certifying Election Results)
75 Bayard Street, 4th
New Brunswick, NJ 08903-1110
PO Box 1110
Phone Number: (732) 745-4202
Fax: (732) 745–3642