Originally located on the busy New Brunswick to Princeton turnpike, the house was moved to East Jersey Old Town in 1979.
The rear section of the house may predate 1760, constructed with
hand-hewn wooden beams and wooden pegs. It is one and one half stories in
height, with wide board flooring and a loft the on second story. The larger, front section was probably built
around 1820. From the direction of the
stairway, it may be that the front section was bolted to the smaller section.
The house was restored in the 2001, with the front
section returned to an 1820 appearance and the rear section restored to the 1760s,
based on the elements uncovered during construction.
Return to East Jersey Old Town Village