"RU Ready 2 Garden" Webex Training Session 15 - Invasive Insects: Identification and Control
Thursday, August 6 at 6:30 pm.
Details: This webinar will discuss the proper identification and suggested control of some familiar invasive species such as Brown Marmorated Stinkbug along with new threats like the Spotted Lantern Fly and Asian Jumping Worm. Clarification will be offered on the Murder Hornet as well.
Want more gardening tips?
View previous RU Ready 2 Garden sessions, covering a variety of topics on our YouTube channel!
Beginner-Friendly Vegetables and Tips for the Novice Gardener
Edible Landscaping: Garden Goals and More
Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Middlesex County can be found at the E.A.R.T.H. Center, in Davidson's Mill Pond Park and is part of a nationwide network that brings the research of the state land-grant universities to local people.
- Cooperative Extension education is available to all residents without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability/handicap.
- Is nationwide (More than 3,000 offices).
- Is cooperatively funded by the County Board of Chosen Freeholders, Rutgers University - New Jersey, Agricultural Experiment Station, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Programs are often offered free or for a minimal charge.
- Provides practical, problem-based education.
- Programs are based on scientific facts for local needs and are intended to be objective and non-political.
Volunteer opportunities for adults may be available. Please contact the specific
division of the Extension office to find out more.
Learn more about our Extension Office Divisions:
Report a Spotted Lantern Fly Site: If you can’t take a specimen or photograph, call the New Jersey Spotted Lanternfly Hotline at 1-833-223-2840 (BADBUG0) and leave a message that details your sighting, and your contact information.
Spotted Lantern Fly pesticide treatment recommendations for:
Follow this link to find fresh produce from your local growers.