When Benjamin Runyon died in 1785, the house and land passed
to his son, Peter, who lived there for 49 years until his death in 1834.
Peter’s will left the home plantation to his wife, Mercy,
with the remainder of his holdings sold off according to his will. After his wife’s death in 1852, Peter’s son,
Daniel, inherited the homestead.
In 1852, Daniel sold the Runyon House and all surrounding
property to a neighbor, Nelson Boice, ending almost 100 years of Runyon
occupation. The House and property
remained in the Boice family until 1912, passing through several owners, until
being purchased by Beecham, Inc. The
House was donated and moved to East Jersey Old Town Village in the spring of