Trade and Export Promotion (NJ STEP) Program, administered by the New
Jersey Business Action Center (BAC), provides sub-grants to New Jersey eligible
small businesses that are new to export, as well as those businesses who
currently sell their goods and services to other countries
- Provide free consulting services, offer educational opportunities and acquaint you with resources to learn more about exporting basics, regulatory compliance, customs procedures, reporting and other topics.
- Help you develop a viable export plan. Offer guidance in identifying global business opportunities, helping locate buyers and potential markets, test local demand and connect you with partners for joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Help you navigate the complexities once you've entered the marketplace by connecting you with Federal resources available for obtaining payment, providing government-to-government advocacy,
- Help you understand foreign customs procedures and regulatory compliance policies to get your product through customs.
Want to learn more? NJ STEP Program is available to eligible
businesses on a first-come, first-serve basis and may be used to partially
offset the cost of trade show participation and for U.S. Department of Commerce
programs including Gold Key Matching Services.
NJSBDC Global Business Center at Rutgers-New Brunswick is a premier resource for management consulting and training in global
business expertise for the region. The
Center provides an export readiness capability to service growth oriented
clients in collaboration
with economic development organizations engaged in international business.
The Global Business Center will offer small to
medium sized businesses the following services:
- International business planning with an emphasis on export readiness, growth and expansion.
- Training, counseling and marketing designed to support exploration and logistics of global transactions.
- Introduction and access to international trade assistance provided by State, County and Federal agencies.
- Competitive analyses of business opportunities for promotion, ecommerce and global expansion planning.