- All Middlesex County Parks and Open Spaces are open from sunrise to sunset. The Parks Administration Building is closed to the public until further notice.
- Piscataway: Due to the inclement weather and the potential for high water levels on or about October 26, 2021, the Middlesex County Parks staff will be relocating the animals in these areas to higher ground and safe, alternative shelters.
RUTGERS FOOTBALL PARK CLOSURES
- Click here to view a map of road closures in Johnson Park during the 2021 Rutgers Football Games.
Road closures apply to vehicles and thru traffic only. Johnson Park will remain open to all guests. Any vehicles found in Johnson Park after sunset are subject to summons. The dates for the 2021 Rutgers Football games are as follows: September 2, September 18, October 2, October 9, November 6, and November 27. Dates are subject to change. We apologize for any inconvenience
- Edison: On or about October 18th, the Office of Parks and Recreation will begin repairs on the Dam Spillway at Roosevelt Park. The lake levels will be temporarily lowered during repair. While we do not anticipate any closures to the pedestrian pathway, please obey all safety signage during repairs. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Highland Park: Donaldson Park is currently open but with limited services and amenities. The Tennis Courts, Dog Park, all Comfort Stations, and soccer fields #1, #2 & #4 are open. All Playgrounds, other Ballfields, Basketball Courts, the Boat Ramp, and walking paths near the southern portion of the park remain CLOSED. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Raritan Bay Waterfront Park
- South Amboy/Sayreville: On or about October 25th, the Office of Parks and Recreation will begin resurfacing the walking paths and parking lot. The pathway projects will proceed in three phases and only one section of the walking path with be closed for work at a time. Sections will be completed and re-opened before the next section is closed. The parking lot will be repaved last (likely in late November) and will be staged to allow access. Please exercise
caution and obey posted safety signs during this construction. We apologize for any inconvenience
while we work to improve our facilities.
Return to the Parks and Recreation Home Page