***2021 PICNIC RESERVATIONS - UPDATE***
April 1, 2021
Opening Day for picnic reservations for 2021 is Thursday, April 15, 2021. A link to our NEW ELECTRONIC RESERVATIONS SYSTEM will be on the picnic reservation page
on that day. The first avaliable picnic date is April 24, 2021. Please do not call the office to make a picnic reservation. If you have any questions, please visit the picnic reservation page
- All Middlesex County Parks and Open Spaces are open from sunrise to sunset with strict social distancing requirements. The Parks Administration Building is closed to the public until further notice. Park visitors are to practice social distancing and are strongly encouraged to wear a mask while enjoying our parks and open spaces.
Thomas A. Edison Park is Middlesex County's premiere sports complex, located off Mill Road and adjacent to Middlesex County College in Edison. The park was named in honor of the famous inventor Thomas Alva Edison, whose laboratories were located in Edison Township. Sports enthusiasts of every age and ability enjoy making use of the state of the art facilities at this 180 acre park. Even though this park does not have facilities for picnicking, Thomas A. Edison Park is certainly the most active park in our system.
Location: Mill Road, Edison
• 16 Tennis Courts (lights)
• 1 Baseball Field (lights)
• 2 Softball Fields (lights)
• 4 Soccer Fields
• Quarter Mile Track (lights)
• Model Airplane Field
• Running Paths
Key Feature: Park Systems Sports Complex