- All Middlesex County Parks and Open Spaces are open from sunrise to sunset with strict social distancing requirements. Pursuant to Executive Order 204, effective Monday, December 7, 2020 until further notice, the gathering limit for all outdoor activities is limited to 25 individuals. The Parks Administration Building is closed to the public until further notice. Park visitors are to practice social distancing and are strongly encouraged to wear a mask while enjoying our parks and open spaces.
***2021 PICNIC RESERVATIONS***
Due to Covid-19 concerns, picnic reservations for 2021 will not take place in person or by phone on January 4, 2021. Opening day of reservations is tentatively scheduled for Monday, March 1, 2021. Information regarding the 2021 reservations process will be on our website in mid-February. If you have any questions, please visit the picnic reservation page
or call our reservation office at 732-745-3900.
Thomas A. Edison Park is Middlesex County's premiere sports complex, located off Mill Road and adjacent to Middlesex County College in Edison. The park was named in honor of the famous inventor Thomas Alva Edison, whose laboratories were located in Edison Township. Sports enthusiasts of every age and ability enjoy making use of the state of the art facilities at this 180 acre park. Even though this park does not have facilities for picnicking, Thomas A. Edison Park is certainly the most active park in our system.
Location: Mill Road, Edison
• 16 Tennis Courts (lights)
• 1 Baseball Field (lights)
• 2 Softball Fields (lights)
• 4 Soccer Fields
• Quarter Mile Track (lights)
• Model Airplane Field
• Running Paths
Key Feature: Park Systems Sports Complex