Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions about Sports in the Middlesex County Parks

My friends and I want to have a pickup game - Where can we play?
Our general rule of thumb is that if the field has no lights, no lines, and no fence, then it is good to go. If a field is freshly lined, it means that another group has a permit for the field - please do not use it. There is also a "first come - first serve" softball field with a new backstop in Roosevelt Park across from Plays in the Park.  If you are unsure where you and your friends can play a pickup game, please contact our reservation desk at (732) 745 - 3900.
How can I sign my child up for Youth Sports?
The Office of Parks and Recreations does not run any youth leagues, we recommend contacting your local recreation department.
Do you offer any Adult Sports Programs?
The Office of Parks and Recreation offers Adult Slow-Pitch Softball leagues each spring and fall with men’s, women’s, and co-ed leagues. Visit the Organized Sports page for more information.
How do I reserve a sports field for my team/league?
You must complete a Sports Request form and fax it to our reservation desk to reserve a sports field. Insurance is required for all sports field reservations. Please visit the Sports Page for more information.

When is the sports season?
The sports field season runs from early April to the Sunday before Thanksgiving depending on the weather.

When is my Sports Request Form due?
For Spring Sports, it is due March 10th. For Fall Sports, it is due August 10th.
How do I know if a field is not playable due to the weather?
Our park supervisor will call the contact person on the permit directly if the field is not playable. If you are not the contact person, please contact your coach, athletic director, or league president.

What types of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Money Orders, and Checks. Cash and American Express WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

You May Also Be Interested In:

Picnic Reservations
Park Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.'s)
Picnic Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.'s)
Permit and Passes Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.'s)

Office of Parks and Recreation
1030 River Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Mailing Address:
PO BOX 661
New Brunswick, NJ 08903
Phone - (732) 745-3900
Fax - (732) 745-8209
Monday through Friday
8:30am - 4:00pm
Back to top