Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Service alert Open

If you would like to make an appointment for a COVID-19 TEST, click here.
To learn more about the COVID-19 VACCINE and eligibility, click here.
All Middlesex County buildings will remain closed to the general public until further notice due to COVID-19– County services are available on an appointment basis.


Frequently Asked Questions about Permits and Passes

IMPORTANT ALERT​ - All Middlesex County Parks and Open Spaces are open from sunrise to sunset with strict social distancing requirements. Pursuant to Executive Order 204, effective Monday, December 7, 2020 until further notice, the gathering limit for all outdoor activities is limited to 25 individuals. The Parks Administration Building is closed to the public until further notice. Park visitors are to practice social distancing and are strongly encouraged to wear a mask while enjoying our parks and open spaces.
February 11, 2021
In light of the ongoing Covid-19 concerns and Executive Orders currently in place by Governor Murphy, the opening day of reservations is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, April 1, 2021. Information regarding our NEW ELECTRONIC RESERVATIONS PROCESS will be on our website in mid-March. If you have any questions, please visit the picnic reservation page or call our reservation office at 732-745-3900.
Boat Passes for Donaldson Park Boat Ramp
What information do I need to bring with me when obtaining my boat permit?
Please know the type, length, and make of the craft, the trailer or transport number (T Number), Boat Registration Number, payment, and identification.
I have multiple watercrafts – how many passes do I need?
You need to purchase one pass per trailer, regardless of the number of watercrafts you own.

Tennis Passes

What information do I need to bring with me when obtaining me tennis permit?
Please have the completed application, payment, proof of residency for each applicant, and proof of age for students or seniors ages 60+. Proof of residency can be copy of drivers license or a bill with your address. Proof of age for a student can be a government ID or a school ID.
If I have a tennis permit, can I bring a friend to play with me?
Yes, but they will also need to have a tennis pass if playing on lighted courts after 7:00pm. Every person playing on a court after 7:00pm must have a tennis pass.
What if I lose my pass?
You will need to purchase another pass.
Can I loan my tennis pass to anyone?
No, loan or transfer of the pass will result in the loss of evening tennis privileges.
Do I need to bring my pass with me every time I play?
Yes, your pass must be visible on you or your belongings while playing on any tennis court after 7:00pm.
Can I reserve court time with my tennis pass?
No, court time is obtained on a first come, first served basis. When others are waiting, court times are limited: singles 1 hour, doubles 2 hours.
When are the tennis courts lights on?
The tennis season runs from May to the end of October, lights go on at sunset and go off at 10:00pm.

What types of payment do you accept for permits and passes?
By mail, we accept a check or money order. In person, we accept a check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. NO CASH OR AMERICAN EXPRESS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Checks and money orders can be made payable to the "Middlesex County Treasurer."

You May Also Be Interested In:

Permits and Passes
Picnic Reservations
Park Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.'s)
Picnic Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.'s)
Sports Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.'s)

Return to the Parks and Recreation Home Page​​​

Office of Parks and Recreation
1030 River Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Mailing Address:
PO BOX 661
New Brunswick, NJ 08903
Phone - (732) 745-3900
Fax - (732) 745-8209
Monday through Friday
8:30am - 4:00pm
Back to top