Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions about the Parks System

When are the Parks open? 
Parks are open year-round sunrise to sunset unless otherwise posted.

Are any comfort stations/bathrooms open year round? 
Yes, At least one comfort station is open in each park at all times.

Can I fish in the Park? 
Yes, for more detailed information on locations and information, please visit this page.

What types of Volunteer opportunities does the Parks offer and how can I participate as a Volunteer? 
The Middlesex County Youth Conservation Corps offer volunteer events throughout the year. They have also set up special projects for groups such as girl and boy scouts. Past projects have included trail work, tree planting, beach sweeps, and help with conservation and recreation efforts on Earth Day and National Trails Day. Get more information on the Conservation Corps here.

Can I take my dog into the park? 
Yes, we welcome well behaved dogs but please obey leash laws and clean up after your canine friends. You can also visit one of our two leash-free Dog Parks.

Can I bring alcoholic beverages into the parks? 
Only beer and wine are allowed in reserved picnic areas, by permit only. Bottles and cans only.

Are quads or dirt bikes allowed in the Open Space Areas or County Parks? 
County Parks and Open Space Areas are NOT suited for quads or other motorized vehicles.

Does the County Parks System have a public boat ramp? 
Yes, Donaldson Park, in Highland Park, has a boat ramp and seasonal dock available to be used by permit. Davidson Mill Road Park, in South Brunswick, has a small ramp for use with canoes, kayaks, or electric motors. Thompson Park, in Monroe/Jamesburg, has a small ramp for use with canoes, kayaks, and electric motors.

Can I get married in a County Park? 
Yes, there are many lovely sites in our parks that are suitable for a marriage ceremony. We reserve most gazebos in two hour blocks for your wedding ceremony. Please call our reservation office for availability, pricing, and for more information.
Can I use a RC boat in the lake at a county park?
Yes, we do allow rc boats in some of our lakes and ponds. Please review our policy.

You May Also Be Interested In:

Office of Parks and Recreation
1030 River Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Mailing Address:
PO BOX 661
New Brunswick, NJ 08903
Phone - (732) 745-3900
Fax - (732) 745-8209
Monday through Friday
8:30am - 4:00pm
Back to top