- The Middlesex Greenway is closed at the Raymond Street entrance for Woodbridge Township sewer line replacement. Both the Raymond Street entrance and the Apartment entrance are also closed. There is no access along the Greenway beyond Raymond Street. It is anticipated that construction will last until March 23, 2018, weather permitting. We apologize for the inconvenience.
MIDDLESEX GREENWAY WEB APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE!
Enhance and improve your experience along the Middlesex Greenway with our new Middlesex Greenway App. Download the app onto your favorite mobile device before your next trip to the Middlesex Greenway.
-Report Problems or Conditions;
-Find News and Alerts;
-Find Local Businesses, Services and Nearby Amenities;
-Check The Weather and much more;
Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.
The Middlesex Greenway is a picturesque open space resource within the communities of Metuchen, Edison, and Woodbridge. Situated on a historic portion of Lehigh Valley rail corridor, this 3.5 mile long, 42-acre corridor was purchased by the County of Middlesex in 2002 as a rails-to-trails project for recreational use.
The Middlesex Greenway provides a 10-foot wide, paved trail suitable for walking, biking and jogging. Several fully accessible entrances provide access along the entire length of the trail, connecting a diverse array of neighborhoods to area parks, schools and shopping.
The above video, entitled "Green Access" gives basic information about the beautiful Middlesex County Greenway.
"A Green Future" provides a brief introduction to the Middlesex County Greenway as well as background on proposed initiatives and greenway enhancements.
The non-profit Edison Greenways Group was instrumental in the acquisition of the abandoned Lehigh Valley Rail corridor, bringing together local, county, state and federal agencies to secure this rail line for the Middlesex Greenway. They provide educational walks along the Middlesex Greenway, organize clean-ups and promote the Greenway as a viable transportation alternative for local residents and a living classroom for educational initiatives. Join their efforts at www.edisongreenways.org
A portion of the Middlesex Greenway is also part of the East Coast Greenway, a developing trail system spanning nearly 3000 miles between Canada and Key West. For more information, please visit http://www.greenway.org/index.shtml
Middlesex Greenway Access Points:
Borough of Metuchen:
Middlesex Avenue *
Township of Edison:
* ADA Accessible Entrance
1. Pedestrians have right of way
2. No motorized vehicles
3. Keep to the right and do not block bikeway or access points
4. 10 mph speed limit when conditions permit
5. Give audible “Passing on left” signal before passing
6. Helmets and safety equipment recommended
BE PREDICTABLE, CAUTIOUS, ALERT AND COURTEOUS!