***2021 PICNIC RESERVATIONS - UPDATE***
April 1, 2021
Opening Day for picnic reservations for 2021 is Thursday, April 15, 2021. A link to our NEW ELECTRONIC RESERVATIONS SYSTEM will be on the picnic reservation page
on that day. The first avaliable picnic date is April 24, 2021. Please do not call the office to make a picnic reservation. If you have any questions, please visit the picnic reservation page
- All Middlesex County Parks and Open Spaces are open from sunrise to sunset with strict social distancing requirements. The Parks Administration Building is closed to the public until further notice. Park visitors are to practice social distancing and are strongly encouraged to wear a mask while enjoying our parks and open spaces.
- Woodbridge Avenue - The County of Middlesex has started intersection improvements at Woodbridge Avenue and May Street, adjacent to the Middlesex Greenway. Construction is anticipated to last 6 months. During construction access to the Middlesex Greenway from Woodbridge Avenue will be impacted. The contractor will make every effort to keep access open, however, there will be times when access will be limited or restricted. Please use caution when approaching Woodbridge Avenue and follow instructions from construction personnel. Thank you for your patience while we work to improve this intersection.
The Middlesex Greenway is a picturesque open space resource within the communities of Metuchen, Edison, and Woodbridge. Situated on a historic portion of Lehigh Valley rail corridor, this 3.5 mile long, 42-acre corridor was purchased by the County of Middlesex in 2002 as a rails-to-trails project for recreational use.
The Middlesex Greenway provides a 10-foot wide, paved trail suitable for walking, biking and jogging. Several fully accessible entrances provide access along the entire length of the trail, connecting a diverse array of neighborhoods to area parks, schools and shopping.
The above video, entitled "Green Access" gives basic information about the beautiful Middlesex County Greenway.
The non-profit Edison Greenways Group was instrumental in the acquisition of the abandoned Lehigh Valley Rail corridor, bringing together local, county, state and federal agencies to secure this rail line for the Middlesex Greenway. They provide educational walks along the Middlesex Greenway, organize clean-ups and promote the Greenway as a viable transportation alternative for local residents and a living classroom for educational initiatives. Join their efforts at www.edisongreenways.org
A portion of the Middlesex Greenway is also part of the East Coast Greenway, a developing trail system spanning nearly 3000 miles between Canada and Key West. For more information, please visit http://www.greenway.org/index.shtml
Middlesex Greenway Access Points:
Borough of Metuchen:
Middlesex Avenue *
Township of Edison:
* ADA Accessible Entrance
EXPANDED EVENING & WEEKEND PARKING:
Thanks to the efforts of the Middlesex Greenway Coalition, Greenway users can park cars in two additional parking lots in Metuchen on EVENINGS and WEEKENDS:
Corner of Amboy Avenue & Lake Avenue;
Memorial Park: Memorial Parkway (take Rt. 27 to Rose Street – Rose Street intersects with Memorial Parkway)
Thank you to the Middlesex Greenway Coalition and the Borough of Metuchen for their efforts in securing additional parking.
1. Pedestrians have right of way
2. No motorized vehicles
3. Keep to the right and do not block bikeway or access points
4. 10 mph speed limit when conditions permit
5. Give audible “Passing on left” signal before passing
6. Helmets and safety equipment recommended
BE PREDICTABLE, CAUTIOUS, ALERT AND COURTEOUS!
MIDDLESEX GREENWAY WEB APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE!
Enhance and improve your experience along the Middlesex Greenway with our new Middlesex Greenway App. Download the app onto your favorite mobile device before your next trip to the Middlesex Greenway.
-Report Problems or Conditions;
-Find News and Alerts;
-Find Local Businesses, Services and Nearby Amenities;
-Check The Weather and much more;